what is e-waste
E-waste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their "useful life." Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, Feature phone, I Phones, Laptop, Desktop , Thin Clients , Air Conditioners, Televisions, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, VCDs, stereos, copiers, and fax machines are common electronic products. Many of these products can be reused, refurbished, or recycled.
E-waste has been one of the fastest growing waste streams in the world. While e-waste contains valuable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, palladium and silver, it also contains harmful substances like cadmium, lead and mercury. In the absence of proper awareness, disposing e-waste in landfill can result in toxic emissions to the air, water and soil and pose a serious health and environmental hazards.
Under the guidelines of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 and Amendment E-waste Rule, 2018 have been notified. Rural Spark Energy India Pvt. Ltd. stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules.
We, Rural Spark Energy India Pvt. Ltd., understand there is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life discarded products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize landfill. Rural Spark Energy India Pvt. Ltd. understands its responsibility and in this regards we have tied-up with one of the leading and authorised e-waste recycler namely 3R Recycler for facilitating our customers to enable them to dispose off e-waste products after its end-of-life.
3R Recycler one of the renowned recycler is pioneer of recycling the e-waste in the most organized manner in India. Authorized by CPCB and HSPCB and are committed towards Environmental Social & Corporate Governance. They have expertise in assisting Producers in fulfilling their compliances related to EPR and E-waste Management.
As part of our partnership with 3R Recycler, the company will provide EPR Services and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end-of-life phase. 3R Recycler has obtained all the necessary authorizations from the appropriate government agencies for their processing facilities. 3R Recycler ensures proper recycling and disposal of e-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste.
E-waste recycling & collection Mechanism for Consumer
As per the E-waste Regulation under E-waste (Management) Rule, 2016 and E-waste Rule, 2018 Rural Spark Energy India Pvt. Ltd. being a good corporate citizen understand the responsibility towards environment and thus following the mechanism for collection of e-waste and channelizing it for safe recycling:
How end consumer can reach us?
If any of the End consumer willing to dispose or recycle their end of life product /e-waste can call or reach us at our Recycling Partner toll free number, 3R Recycler representative would explain our customers about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste or we send our logistic team to pick the e-waste from the doorstep of customer and channelize the same to our E-waste partner Plant Plot No.266, Sector -8 , IMT Manesar , Gurgaon -122050, Haryana , India for final processing.
Toll Free No. for End Consumer reach:
- North India: 1800-102-8632
- South India: 1800-843-3303
- East India: 1800-843-3301
- West India: 1800-843-3302
Take Back Scheme /collection Scheme
Once any end consumer will contact us at our Toll free no. for handover the end of life product /e-waste for proper disposal, 3R Recycler representative will get information to end customer about any incentive or exchange offer that may be an offer, at that time, against their end of life product and encourage customers/end users to deposit any of their old absolute products (spare parts) and their accessories (irrespective of brand) and also propose to exchange the same with a promotional voucher or any other lucrative offers depending upon the remaining Life of the Product.
Reverse Logistic Support
For reverse logistic Rural Spark Energy India Private Limited company has signed an agreement with ProConnect Supply Chain Solutions Limited having services across India for the collection of end of life product/ e-waste. If any end consumer wish to handover the end of life product/ e-waste from their doorstep, we send our logistic team ProConnect Supply Chain Solutions Limited and Gati –Kintetsu express Private Limited logistic partner of our Recycling Partner 3R Recycler to collect the end of life product/ e-waste and channelize the same at Recycling partner plant Plot No. 266, Sector-8, IMT Manesar, Gurgaon -122050, Haryana, India.
What should I do with my electronic discards?
The mantra of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" applies here.
- Reduce your generation of e-waste through smart handling and good maintenance.
- Reuse still functioning electronic equipment by donating to us.
- Recycle those products that cannot be repaired. Customer may handover their end of life products to our nearest drop points for proper Recycling.
We look forward to your support in ensuring safe and efficient disposal of e-waste which is a shared responsibility between our valued consumers and us. We value your co-operation.
To know more about safe and secure recycling and proper disposal of end-of-life electrical and Electronic Products Customer can contact at our toll-free numbers region wise at:
- North India-1800-102-8632I
- South India – 1800-843-3303
- East India- 1800-843-3301
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Do’s & Don’ts of end of life products / e-waste
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic ( i.e. ACs, washing Machines ) products .
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to Dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.