Positioning of the Rural Spark solution
A modulair solution, combining the best features of a micro-grid and a solar home system
while generating business.
The solution by Rural Spark sets itself apart by its modular nature, stimulating entrepreneurship (making the solution a way of income generation instead of a costs to villagers) and larger vision on the energy market, making it a sustainable solution for the long run. This decentralized solution generates the capacity of an average Micro-Grid at lower costs, with a strong sense of ownership, creates local viable businesses and improving livelihood opportunities by reaching the lowest income group. Rural Spark is disrupting the current landscape with these Energy Kits. They have clear competitive advantages compared to traditional Solar Home Systems and Micro-Grids, combining the best of both worlds.
Best of both worlds
- People own the system like with solar home systems, increasing responsibility;
- Multiple Local Energy Suppliers generate the same capacity as a Micro Grid, in a more reliable and flexible way.
- Low instalment costs as compared to micro grid;
- Flexible solution, modular, and able to increase in capacity and applications.
- Instead of having one central building with solar panels, Rural Spark offers a decentralised solution in which individual Local Energy Suppliers generate an equal amount of energy. Providing it to their fellow villagers, feeling ownership, earning income, creating livelihood and reaching even the poorest in a village without extra effort from Rural Spark and its partners. Decentralised and easy to increase village capacity while presenting itself - in size, price and ownership - as a solar home system.
Rural Spark not just provides access to electricity, we are creating markets using a modular approach,
generating business opportunity and market development
MULTI-LEVEL PERSONAL- AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Local Energy Suppliers proof to be value-conscious entrepreneurs who are much better in designing a local business-model, respecting local context and characteristics. However, not only do they earn additional income, they also increase their confidence, self esteem, entrepreneurial skills and social status in their village. Empowering villagers, they become more independent confident and self sustainable, critical in enhancing social and economical status.
For the village, the Local Energy Supplier(s) become a central hub in the village, where they go for their energy needs, creating social cohesion. A close community forms, showing the vast social effects of sharing energy. that’s even able to bridge social and economic gabs on village level. The deriving of this community, allows for other village development programs to be enrolled more easily.